Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Unrealistic expectations from toys.

I was just listening to someone talk about how young girls shouldn't play with Barbie dolls. Their point was that playing with Barbie dolls would give young girls unrealistic expectations of how they will look when they grow up.

I never played with Barbies as a young girl. I did, however, play with the Fisher Price little people house.

  

Anyone else have this one as a kid?

Single family, two-story home with a garage (car included). Mom, Dad, two kids (a boy and a girl), and a dog. 

If we're all about giving children accurate expectations of the future, I have to wonder why Fisher Price didn't make play apartment buildings. And people with feet. Or arms for that matter.

1 comment:

leslie.kidd said...

Good point! I guess you turned out ok even w/ inaccurate expectations for the future, right? ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...