Monday, July 16, 2007

Street Signs

Everywhere I go, I find myself becoming fascinated with street signs.
In the mountains you have signs that say things like "Watch for falling rocks" or your typical deer crossing signs.
In cities it is common to see signs that warn against becoming the cause of gridlock (don't block the box!).
While living not too far from a prison I would often drive past a pedestrian crossing sign on which someone had drawn a ball & chain onto the crossing man's leg.
I have seen deer, bear, duck, cow, and chicken crossing signs. But nothing comes close to being as cool as the signs in Thailand.
Caution: Elephant X-ing.

And signs like this are needed! I can look out of my bedroom window at times and there amidst the buses and
taxis will be a little Thai man riding on a big elephant. It's
not so much a mode of transportation, but more of a way to make money off of the foreigners by making them pay to feed the elephant or to get a picture with it, but whatever it's reason for being there it is there nonetheless, and it never ceases to bring a smile to my face.

4 comments:

Heather said...

very cool. :)

Derek Knight said...

That's awesome! I saw some "Buffalo Crossing" signs in Wyoming, but I must say, Elephant Crossing tops 'em all.

Anonymous said...

I'm failing to copy & paste a photo of a sign here. There must be another way. I thought it would be fun if we Musings readers could add to your collection. L...puff

Anonymous said...

I'm failing to copy & paste a photo of a sign here. There must be another way. I thought it would be fun if we Musings readers could add to your collection. L...puff

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...