Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I guess you had to be there.

I have been in the states for almost a month now, although I have been pretty silent. When you return from a journey such as the one I have returned from, you return with so many thoughts swirling in your mind that are so out-of-place in your new surroundings, and it often takes a while to process them. That is where I am now. Processing. People ask me how I'm adjusting, but while I love people asking because I know that they care and mean well, I'm not quite sure we have the same pictures in our heads. Jet-lag wasn't bad, remembering to drive on the right side of the road wasn't difficult, and I'm enjoying American food. But it is the mental, emotional, and spiritual adjustments that have been the challenge.


Didn't have a camera by my side this time
Hoping I would see the world through both my eyes
Maybe I will tell you all about it
When I'm in the mood to lose my way with words
--John Mayer (3x5)

1 comment:

Lucid Elusion said...

I hear ya, e-Beth; I hear ya,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...