Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Latest.

I have even received a few comments in recent times that are in reference to my falling off the face of the earth.
I have not.
In fact, I am very much enjoying my life on the earth.

I have been in an incredible phase of transition ever since my return from Thailand over three months ago. When you really don't know exactly where you're headed in life, it's awkward to write and give the update on what you're doing because it is only confirming to yourself the fact that you don't really know the answer. But I have learned a lot during this time. God has been teaching me over and over about what it means to trust Him.
Coming back from overseas was great. I was able to spend lots of time with family, and reconnect with friends, and get back into the swing of things in the states. But all too quickly I was faced with the question of what I would be doing next, and this is the question which I didn't have a clue how to answer. Would I teach again? Where would I live? Not having an answer to these questions quickly becomes a frustration. But I continually was able to see God's leading and provision. Not all at once, but spread out enough to keep me dependent upon Him. Then as I learned to trust Him, he provided one thing at a time. First I found some fabulous roommates... Then we found a darling little townhouse to live in, in a wonderful neighborhood.... And then I found a really great job that is not only something that I can love doing, but will also pay the bills that I was beginning to see pile up. Not to mention I've had lots of other unexpected blessings and surprises to make life even more exciting and enjoyable.

1 comment:

Derek Knight said...

It's a joy to watch God blessing someone. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...