Friday, September 18, 2009

Life wears running sneakers.

Slow down! Wait for me! I have shorter legs than you and can't keep up!

Growing up as the "baby of the family" I always thought that my family just walked really fast. I was always trying to keep up with them. I eventually figured out that it wasn't really a matter of speed, but that it was really just because they were taller than me and had longer strides as they walked, so they were able to cover more ground faster. Because I was shorter I just had to learn to walk quickly in order to keep up. Little did I know this would be preparing me for when I would marry a man who is 6'4" with a very long stride. :-)

Life has been going a million miles a minute for me. Between work, gearing up to move, and planning a wedding, I don't think I've really had a moment to sit down and truly relax in several months. Sometimes I want to yell out to life, "Slow down! I can't keep up!"

I really look forward to when things slow down a bit and I can settle in to regular life. I may be fooling myself in thinking that there is such thing as "regular life", but for right now, it a blissful idea that keeps me running.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...