Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Who am I kidding?

I’ve been a lot of places all around the way
I’ve seen a lot joy and I’ve seen a lot of pain
but I don’t want to write a love song for the world,
I just want to write a song about a boy and a girl

-Michael Franti


Nevermind. I've decided that I miss writing too much to give it up.

I've also decided that I want to write about the happy things.

The sad things will always be there, as they are a real part of life, and they may still come up here from time to time. But what I'm going to dwell on are the things that bring me joy.




The BIG reason for joy is that in 17 days I will be marrying the love of my life. He is a blessing to me beyond what words can describe, and I am honored to become his wife.
My life is about to change -- drastically. I will be living with a man. I will have an abundance of new responsibilities, and am no longer responsible to just myself. I will have to be more vulnerable than I have ever had to be in my life. These things are a risk. There is a lot that is unknown, and that is a little bit scary. But Dave is worth it. And because he is worth it, I am excited beyond reason and have great joy. :-)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Happy wedding day to you both! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...