Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas in my perfect world.

Christmas is a funny season for me. You see, I'm not a huge fan of Christmas decorations, unless they are done well and tastefully.

Let me tell you what it would be like in my perfect world. Yes, I realize not many people besides me live in my perfect world, and I'm learning to be okay with that.

In my perfect world, Christmas decorations would not go up until until the month that the holiday actually falls in. December. And in my REALLY perfect world, decorations wouldn't go up until the week of Christmas. Most people don't live in my perfect world, and so they put up their decorations the day after Thanksgiving. Then they're sick and tired of them by now, and are realizing how expensive their electric bill is going to be. So as I drove home last night, on January 3rd, I realized that there were not many houses who still had their lights lit, and I even saw two empty Christmas trees bearing only a few stray strands of tinsel laying out by the curb.

But you see, right about now is when I'm actually beginning to enjoy the lights and decorations! The actual holiday of Christmas is past, but in my book we are still within the framework of "the 12 days of Christmas" - The time between Christmas and January 6th, Epiphany. The "Christmas season" starts much later for me. When everyone else is packing up, I'm still celebrating.

Whether it is November, December, January.... or July.... We can celebrate that there is GOOD NEWS of GREAT JOY that is for all the people, just as the angel said. The Savior has come.





Merry Christmas!
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...