Thursday, January 6, 2011

Yellow Cake with Chocolate Icing.

I have a memory that comes back from time to time. It always makes me smile.

We came downstairs, on this day, but years ago. Dad was baking a cake. Yellow cake with chocolate icing. His favorite.

"Dad! You can't make your own Birthday cake." we said.

"It's my birthday?" was his response.

He just felt like making a cake that day, for no particular reason. :-)


I hope they have yellow cake with chocolate icing in Heaven. Happy Birthday, Dad!


1 comment:

Gretchen Little said...

Elizabeth,
What a special memory. I thought of your dad yesterday and that it was his birthday. He was a special uncle to me. I always remember his gentle smile and the boating shoes he wore.
Happy Birthday Uncle Tim!
Love,
Gretchen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...