Thursday, November 24, 2011

It was a dark and stormy night.

Music.

It has the ability to speak to my soul.

I am not a creator of music, but I am a lover of it.

Seriously, I cannot play anything more than a radio, but every good musician needs fans, right? I can listen for hours, sing along, and feel it in my bones.

There are songs that when I hear them I am instantly transported to other places and times, to distant memories both happy and sad. 

Do you have an all-time favorite band or musician? I do. I have every one of their albums, have traveled to see them in concert, own multiple t-shirts with their name on them, and to this day still have their bumper sticker on my car. They were a constant in my life during my middle school, high school, and college days. They had a song for whatever I was feeling. I even wrote a paper on one of their songs for a college English class.

Eight years. Eight years ago they quit playing. They didn't break up, and they said. They quit. You can't break up something like that, but you can stop and bury it. Eight years ago they buried Five Iron Frenzy.

(Yes, I have some punk rock and ska in my roots)

But yesterday....

Yesterday Five Iron Frenzy returned from the dead. After eight years of silence they are back in action and making music again.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...